Join us for an exciting underground tour in a place that normally is inaccessible to the tourists.
- Ages: 18+
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: English, Italian, and Spanish
- Transfer from the Metro Stop
Discover the Underground Landscapes of Rome
The tour begins with a fascinating explanation of the history of Rome and the systems used to raise up the buildings of the ancient city. Your guide accompanies you to explore a special catacomb and discover different underground landscapes. We access the cave via a dirt path from the city, about a ten-minute walk.
Enjoy the great feeling that comes with discovering new archeological sites; nothing beats the excitement of hands-on archaeology. Proper equipment is essential for a descent; a helmet with a headlamp and clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty are provided.
You’d be amazed at how much you can learn in a few hours. You get to experience the excitement we felt when the head of the archaeological superintendence asked us to investigate areas of human activity buried beneath hundreds to thousands of years of sediment! There are three keywords for this excursion: helmet, light, and… adventure!
What to Bring
- Comfortable and sturdy shoes are recommended (no sandals or open-toed shoes)
What Else You Should Know
- Pictures are permitted. To ensure the best quality photos, we recommend bringing an extra flash, as we are in complete darkness during the excursion.
- Guests ages 18 and up can attend. This activity is safe and without risk, but if you think you suffer from claustrophobia, it is best to avoid it.